Re: desktop interface preference: tabbed_mdi_edge_position

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 00:28, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> I use tabs on the bottom in Xchat, because I typically have windows
> covering the rest of the window, so the notification in the tabs is
> good to be able to see. I would never use anything but POS_TOP anywhere
> else though.

Why? How about a terminal app like gnome-terminal or konsole where both
the input and the output are at the bottom ? Or perhaps a realtime
monitoring application that feeds the visual data from bottom, left or
right to your screen.

I can see the benefit of having it disktopwide because for all the
"tabbed" apps I currently use I would preffer at bottom.
But where its needed per app settings overriding the system default seem
like a natural solution for me.