Re: HIG patch for the log out dialog

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 02:36:08PM +0000, iain wrote:
> Here's a patch that makes the log out dialog more HIG compliant.
> Has gnome-session been branched yet, or will I file a bug report and
> wait?

+      spacer = gtk_label_new ("    ");
+      gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (hbox), spacer, FALSE, FALSE, 0);

I've seen a number of programs duplicate this layout code to achieve the
bolded heading and indented content, as seen here:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/controls.html#controls-frames
It appears that even the HIG actually includes sample code to do it:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/layout.html#layout-dialogs

Wouldn't it make more sense to make this a GTK widget?
(I'm not criticizing your patch directly-- it just reminded me of this
issue.)

--
      Evan Martin
martine cs washington edu