Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow

Lets be friends. :-)

Couple of points.  I think Bill is correct in the fact that when we have
discussions in mailing lists regarding an issue it's not always clear
what the resolution is after all the talking is done.  The conversation
sort of fizzles out.  I'm sure if you go through the archives you'll
find instances of this.  Somebody, needs to say, "so what the hell do
we do now?" at the end of the discussion.

As for the whole accessibility issue, I think it was clear that vte was
being shipped for quite some time.  It's unfortunate that it wasn't caught
in time to fix accessibility issues but it's not the end of the world.
We have 6 months to fix it.  So lets just do that.

It also won't hurt to keep accessibility in the back of all our heads and
help Bill and his team out.  Accessibility is a distinguishing feature
from the other desktop projects.  We've been pimping this for quite some
time now too.  Lets not give Bill and others the feeling that accessibility
is at the bottom of our priorities.  It's not.

sri