Re: 2.3 Proposed Features

Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie> wrote:
> 	* New toplevel panel widget:
> 	    + No more panel types, just a single panel which you can
> 	      configure to the same effect as the old panel types.

One idea I always liked (once proposed by Calum Benson IIRC) was to have
panel types be changeable by simply dragging the panel to symbolic
locations, e.g. the bottom right for a bottom right corner panel or the
screen center for a floating panel, etc.

The details would likely be very difficult to get right.  But if this
could get done in a way that in the end just _feels natural_ I think it
would be pretty awesome!

Regards,
Lars