Re: Gtk/Gnome release schedules
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, Release Team <release-team gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Gtk/Gnome release schedules
- Date: 06 Feb 2003 11:49:47 +0000
On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 18:30, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > are you really sure we want to have gnome 2.4 out with the same ugly
> > file selector? :-)
> Given the issues covered in this thread, yes, absolutely.
Uh ? was that based on your (specious) hope that the 'new' file
selector will be a drop-in replacement for the existing file selector,
and thus we can just 'adopt' a new gtk+ release as and when, and
magically get a nicer file selector everywhere ?
That just isn't going to happen, as Jody said; and here is why:
Note; not even a (hopeful) "/* private */" anywhere in there.
If it was based on other considerations - that's just fine.
mmeeks gnu org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev