Re: [gst-devel] Re: gstreamer gdk-pixbuf plugin

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:

> Could it be that Nautilus simply shouldn't use gdkpixbuf to provide
> thumbnails at all? Instead use separate thumbnailers also for various
> image formats?

It could be a nice idea to make a thumbnailer that uses gdk-pixbuf to
generate thumbnails...

But that still means that it's a security issue if you open untrusted
content via gdk-pixbuf. Like in Evolution.

I wouldn't trust GStreamer on that. Or Xine. Or any media framework. They
all didn't have security audits yet...

Benjamin