Re: [gst-devel] Re: gstreamer gdk-pixbuf plugin

On 15 Dec 2003, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> (I don't really know what happens with the thumbnail if
> gdk-pixbuf returns an animation)

Nothing happens, if you want a pixbuf you get a pixbuf or nothing at all.
A loader needs special code for pixbufs if it wants to support them.

> b) Its usable for all sorts of files, not just images/animations.

I can write a pixbuf loader for .wav, too. Iain might even like it for
marlin ;)

> c) Its better for system resource usage and performance if nautilus
> doesn't load every library on the system into the nautilus process, and
> if the thumbnailer has stability issues you'll not affect the stability
> of the desktop.

Are those thumbnails only available in Nautilus? Or do other apps use them
too when they display an image for a file (like the new filechoser)?

Benjamin