Re: [gst-devel] Re: gstreamer gdk-pixbuf plugin

Oops, that was (is?) an experiment gone wrong.
I agree that we should disable the gdk_pixbuf loader right now. This is
however not because the loader does weird stuff, but because GStreamer's
video playback is a lot more broken atm than it should be and crashes left
and right.

We'll just disable it for now.

What I'd like to have an idea about however is how gtk is going to handle
images/animations/videos in the future. It's so nice to use a video as an
animation via GtkImage in an about dialog, use a for a busy animation or
similar...

Benjamin