Re: 'Switch User' action

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 19:41, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> El vie, 05-12-2003 a las 19:27, Calum Benson escribió:
> > On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 18:15, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> >
> > > 	The idea behind the feature is that you *don't* log out ... yet you'd
> > > have to click on "Logout" ?
> >
> > That's how it works on XP.  I make no further comment :)
> >
> > To re-iterate Mark's point... what's the actual requirement/typical
> > usage scenario for this feature?  Or are we just considering it "because
> > we can"?
>
> My typical scenario for this feature is:
>
> I'm using my computer all day. As soon as I wake up, I turn it on until
> I go to sleep, so I never close my session but I'm not always using it
> and my sister also needs it so If I'm running something I cannot stop
> and I'm not in my house, my sister cannot use the computer (because I
> lock the screen to prevent someone breaks my session).
>
> With the switch user feature, my sister could just click a button on the
> screensaver's pass dialog and use the computer without problems.
>
> We don't have the screensaver integration thus the other option I have
> is let anyone use my session and my sister could just select the Switch
> user from the Action menu and she knows that she will not have troubles
> with me because she close any important application from my session.

that should really not be an option. Switch user from your session
should be only for the current user (ie, I've got a 'devel' user with
jhbuild's GNOME, and I tend to switch to that session from my 'rodrigo'
account). But for other users to log in, the option should really be in
the screensaver dialog.

cheers