Re: Rhythmbox

W liście z śro, 27-08-2003, godz. 19:28, Colin Walters pisze:
> On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 12:53, Marcin Antczak wrote:
>
> > Because it is incredibly unstable... at least on my system.
> >
> > I have 0.5.1 version and it crashes everytime I try to rewind any song.
> > I get: "could not set caps on source pad, aborting..."
> > And then it crashes.
>
> Only when you try to rewind?

Yes.

And if we are talking here - another annoying thing in rhythmbox is a
doclet.

I would like to start in "mimized" form by default, and I don't want to
close application after <Alt><F4> or click on "close" button on window.

I think that it should just "mnimize" to doclet by default (or consider
additional button and shortcut for this operation).

> It works fine here, and I can't recall anyone else reporting bugs about
> this issue.

Well, I'm a happy man I reported _new_ bug :)

> > And it is propably my problem with codecs or something but I get scrappy
> > sounds in speakers during playback everytime my hdd is running.
>
> Personally, I consider this a bug in your OS.  Applications using
> /dev/dsp should get some sort of higher scheduling priority.

Maybe you are right, I'll try to investigate before opening a bug.

> Andrew Morton's Linux 2.6 tree has some hacks to mostly work around this
> issue.

Well, I had a 2.6.0-test3 kernel but I had a problem with Nvidia drivers
(although I had patches for Nvidia driver and 2.6.x kernel...) Maybe
I'll try again.

--
Marcin Antczak <marcin antczak e-dev pl>
e-dev studio - http://www.e-dev.pl