RE: Using the same home dir with Gnome 2.2 and Gnome 2.4

> Why would you expect newer GNOME stuff to be supported by older GNOME
> versions? Obviously people try to keep things as compatible as possible,
> but
> I doubt anyody is expecting people to downgrade to an older GNOME.

I working on the assumption that people should be able to use any version
of gnome 2.x with the same home dir. If i am wrong then none of this matters,
but we should be clear about the fact that you should not run mixed environemnts.
If we are supporting it then it matters...

Also emblems have been around since 2.0 at least and so they are not a
"new feature" just one that has been modified under the hood.

Mark Finlay