Re: Using the same home dir with Gnome 2.2 and Gnome 2.4
- From: sisob-lists tuxfamily org
- To: sisob-lists tuxfamily org
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Using the same home dir with Gnome 2.2 and Gnome 2.4
- Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:08:32 +0200
> * 2.2/2.0 and 2.4 use different home dir locations.
> WORKAROUND: ln -s .gnome-desktop Desktop
Sorry for all the spam, but two more things
* I did the aformentiond workaround and logged back in and nautilus insisted
on making a link to ~.gnome-desktop on my desktop because the desktop
dir had changed :/
I really think that the whole desktop should just work:
Now nautilus creates ~/Desktop if it's not there and makes a link
to ~/.gnome-desktop. I can see any reason why someone would want
different desktops between 2.2 and 2.4 so why not do this:
mv .gnome-desktop .gnome-desktop-old
ln -s .gnome-desktop-old Desktop/Link\ To\ Old\ Desktop
ln -s Desktop .gnome-desktop
That way the user can move over what they want to their "new desktop"
which will be used by any version of gnome.
* When i log into 2.4, then 2.2, then 2.4 again there are extra
home and trash icons. I think someone is working it it, but just for
the record ...
] [Thread Prev