Re: Proposal: Workrave

Hi Glynn,

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Glynn Foster wrote:

> Out of curiousity, and I don't know this market at all well, how does it
> compare with Dr Wright - I've used this a few times and liked what I
> see.

I haven't used Dr Wright, but looking at its homepage it seems suitable as
well. If people on this list prefer it over Workrave, then that is fine
with me, I'm happy if either program would be included.

Still, it may be worth discussing what the requirements of such an app are
from a sysadmin and/or management viewpoint. A GNOME desktop "with RSI
prevention included" might be an extra incentive to prefer it over a
windows-based workplace where expensive licenses have to be purchased for
similar functionality, but it would be a shame if feature XYZ
that-we-absolutely-need is missing from our offering.

Things like "do we allow users to skip a pause", "are animations required
to show stretch excercises", "do we have to show local legislation on
ergonomic work requirements" etc. may or may not be such features. Perhaps
Raymond or Richard (the authors of Workrave and Dr Wright) know a bit more
about this??

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778