Re: bookmark management and other code reuse

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 11:58:37PM +0300, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> On Mi, 2003-04-23 at 23:34, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
> > another. This is mainly due to issues of ui. Speaking on behalf of epiphany,
> > we have spent a substantial amount of time redesigning our bookmark system
> > to be more database like as oppose to folder (file system) like ala galeon,
> > and we are very happy with the result in terms of usability
> excellent then! I don't care what project code to use. Pick the best now
> ( usability and functionality, gnome compliance ) and convince the rest
> to switch. There is already a lot of work to do besides re-inventing the
> wheel when it doesn't bring new concepts ( like ephiphany's bookmarks
> brought over galeon's, so starting another bookmark management system
> was right ).
>
> > Of course if
> > other core gnome projects were interested in using the epiphany bm approach
> > in their project i'm sure we could work on it.
> Brian? Mikael?

I agree that there should be more bookmark reusability between applications.
I'm all for changing the bookmark handling inside gftp. In my CVS version, I
just did a major change to the way I handle configuration options, and I was
planning on making major changes to the bookmark system as well.

I haven't looked at Epiphany yet, I'll take a look at it.

Brian