Application launch notification

Hello, all.

Can anyone tell me why xalf isn't part of Gnome2?  Is it integrated now?

For those who don't remember it, xalf would do what the hourglass
pointer does in Windows: tell the user to be patient while their app
starts.  Some of my users have started opening the same app a dozen
times because they think the "click" didn't take.

There are notes in some old Gnome docs I have about integrating this
into Gnome, and development on Xalf seems to have stopped.  However, I
can't seem to find it.

Can anyone help?

-David