Re: Sanity Adding Apps to the Desktop

I've noticed that Gossip's user interface is very similar to
GnomeICU's.  GnomeICU _feels_ like a GNOME app and I don't see any
duplication of preferences...  For what its worth (as a user) I'm not
very comfortable with GAIM.  It doesn't seem very much like a GNOME app
at all.  Although the user interface has been improved, it could do with
more work.

Now, technically, I've heard that GAIM goes out of its way to avoid
using any GNOME libs to the extent of copy/paste, different
implementation etc.  If that is the case it doesn't seem like a good
choice for the GNOME desktop.  Ideally the maintainers of each
application should be willing to use the GNOME framework/HIG.

I'm assuming the move is towards an _all in one_ application as opposed
to three or four little applications that each support a single
protocol?

Regards,
Allen
--