Re: Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!

On Sunday 06 April 2003 23:28, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> If you think KDE is so incredibly wonderful, and GNOME is so incredibly
> horrible, why don't you just use KDE and forget about GNOME? What is the
> point of writing message after message after message about how bad GNOME
> is when you don't use it, you don't care about it and you don't think it
> has a future?

This is a very good point and you should get an answer to it. I very much
would like to make a clean cut on GNOME and continue using KDE and don't look
back at GNOME unfortunately your team spent a lot effort putting all sorts of
GNOME material in other projects such as XFree86, libPNG, OpenSSL and so on.
If we find an agreement that this stuff is seamless removed from these
projects then I could say that I use a GNOME free system and we would all end
as happy people. You as GNOME users/developers on your side and we as KDE
users and developers on our side. Since this is not possible, deal with my
comments.

And now I hope we could calm down a bit again and look what kind of feedback
we are writing each others. Look at the initial post and look where we are
right now. This is the usual way you people behave. A normal user feedback
which was meant as normal feedback turned around over and over again and ends
in the way that we both need to take a hammer into the hand and slam our
heads with it. That's another reason why GNOME makes no progress. You do this
on your own people, with other people..

Should we continue this way of email exchange on an open Mailinglist or do you
think you could calm down again and get back to normal conversation ? I
pretty much stated my opinion why I think GNOME lacks a lot of things and all
I recived as email was pretty much getting fooled for my opinion.