Re: Killing views [Was: Dealing with files in Gnome]

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 17:15, Ross Burton wrote:
Well, see this scenario:

> I wasn't asking if a graphical SQL query editor is a good idea, but if
> the concept of sql:/// is a good idea.

You know about the basics of networking I assume, you know that you are able
to set up various servers such as telnet, sentmail, ftp, pop3 and so on, same
for SQL that you can access over net. So SQL as KIOslave is quite logical for
me it only fills a gap and I can easily and query my Universities database.

> Can I get a directory listing of sql:///?  Can I copy a file there? It
> looks like accessing sql:/// is just a way of starting the program,
> which returns its data as a web page.

Can you get a directory listning with telnet:// application:// fonts:// ? can
you copy files to telnet:// w/o any protocols such as kermit, z, y, hydra ?

> This thinking has to stop, as it is *very* user-unfriendly.

Luckely I'm *brainy* enough to decide on my own wether it's user-unfriendly or
not and I was really happy *footkissing* to that guy for creating that
KIOslaves because I exactly needed that tool exactly that day.