Re: GEP-4 : Versioning and branching rules proposal

Hi Frederic,

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 22:51, Frédéric Crozat wrote:

> When  developing X.Y version, snapshot releases should be versioned as
>    X.(Y-1).Z

	Great.

> Z must follow the following rules :
>      * each new release of the module should only increment Z.
>      * at release  candidate time,  Z should be superior to 90.

	Fine;

	I think with this; the 4 number versioning is clearly applicable only
to people wanting to rush releases out in-between official releases, and
so it's quite reasonable.

	Much happier with this, also, if as Jeff suggests ftp structure is no
longer an element in the requirements; this should be removed.

	Regards,

		Michael.