install-module re-enabled

Hi everyone,

I've re-enabled install-module on widget, so I thought I'd better explain
what's changed before everyone rushes to run their installs. It's now seven
zillion times easier and less confusing. Seriously:

  $ install-module --help
  Usage: install-module [OPTION] FILE
  Install new tarball to GNOME FTP master and mirrors.
  Example: install-module -k metacity-2.4.1.tar.gz

  Parameters:
    -h, --help          display this help and exit
    -k, --keep          do not delete the original tarball.
    -u, --unattended    do not prompt for confirmation. NOTE: An unattended
                        install will not provide any extra information to help
                        you avoid an invalid (and potentially messy) installation.
                        It is recommended that you do not use this unless you
                        are *very* sure.

  Report bugs to <gnome-sysadmin gnome org>

How easy is that? No more stuffing around with --stable/--unstable, and you
don't have to pass --create to add entirely new modules (it will give you
extra information during confirmation) or --old to create diffs (it will do
this against the previous version automagically). It will also drop diffs
with binary file differences.

Here's an example of running it:

  $ install-module pango-1.1.1.tar.gz
        Module: pango
       Version: 1.1.1
       Maj.Min: 1.1
   Destination: /ftp/pub/GNOME/sources/pango/1.1/

  Install pango? [Y/n]

  Copying tarball...
  Creating bzip2 archive...
  Generating md5sums...
  Updating LATEST...
  Informing release team...
  Deleting original tarball...
  Signalling mirror update process...
  Signalling churchill.acc.umu.se
  Signalling tiktok.planetmirror.com

It gives you a bit of information about what it will do, prompts you (hit
enter or Y/y to confirm, anything else to cancel), then gives you fairly
verbose status as it runs. The only things missing here are the confirmation
warnings (this is no-problem install) and the diff status (it will tell you
if it has to drop the diff).

Note that we are not currently maintaining a latest/ symlinks directory.
Soon enough we'll have one for each release category (desktop, platform,
etc), and a couple of other really cool surprises to boot. :-)

- Jeff

--
  "GIMP is the primary tool in my graphics work. It is my gcc and Emacs."
                             - Tuomas Kuosmanen