panel applet packing

Hi,

An issue I've had with the applets I've developed is: you want the
applet to fill the full total height of the panel, but you don't want
the applet to ever force the panel to be larger than its fixed size.

Basically, you want the applet to set its min size (size request)
to the panel height, but you want to pack the applet in the panel
with expand = TRUE fill = TRUE.

Right now the applet is packed in the panel such that if the size
request is 10, the applet will never be larger than 10, even if the
panel has height 30.

Is there a reason we can't just size_allocate applets the full panel
height? (or width, depending on orientation)

Havoc