Re: Progress bar on startup

On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 17:17, Jens Knutson wrote:
> > 	My feeling is that it might be nice to get more feedback from the
> > settings daemon as to precisely what it's doing "Started ESD" eg. so
> > that we can provide more useful feedback.
>
> Even better than that, perhaps some effort should be made to make all
> the feedback a bit more generically named?

	Sure; see the table in splash-widget.c:

static const SplashApp splash_map_table[] = {
	{ N_("Audio Settings"),               "gnome-sound-properties",
"gnome-audio2.png" },
	{ N_("Screensaver"),                  "xscreensaver-demo",
"gnome-ccscreensaver.png" },

	Which is precisely for this purpose; feel free to propose items, [ on
the 2.2 branch ].

	Oh; and I just thought - that one way to extract status information
from gnome-settings-daemon would be to hook up to the 'theme-changed'
xsetting, such that we put up a status icon as we get that signal in
gnome-session; thus giving a more even and timely status display.

	Regards,

		Michael.