Re: fail autogen.sh when aclocal-1.4 fails

Hi,

> 	Dude. The point here is that by committing this, you're likely
> to break the build pretty severly. I've looked at one module that I
> maintain and this patch should break it ..
>
> gnome-desktop]$ automake-1.4 --gnu; echo $?
> desktop-docs/gnome-feedback/C/Makefile.am:37: variable `entities' not defined
> 1
>
> 	This error doesn't break the build, but with your patch it
> would. And I'm sure this isn't the only module ...

I'm willing to offer myself up in fixing all build issues that arise from
this.  It is indeed possible that some modules suffer from severe
autotool brainlessness.  But that should be fixed anyway.
I checked out gnome-desktop to fix this particular error but I don't have
it at all.  Did someone already fix it ?

I'll get me a cvs checkout script, apply bastien's patch and start fixing
what I encounter.

On a related note - I started by checking out desktop-docs ;) That was
confusing.  Maybe it'd be a good idea to either move all of the "old"
modules to a separate repository (gnome1 for example) so that it's still
available, but not confusing) ? Or maybe add an OBSOLETE file everywhere
or something ?

Thomas

I may be qualified
for a one night stand
but I could never take the place of your man
<-*- thomas apestaart org -*->