Re: fail autogen.sh when aclocal-1.4 fails

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 01:09, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 23 Sep 2002, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 23:08, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > > I've been meaning to propose that too.
> > >
> > > While you're at it, AFAIK you can do the same for autoconf, autoheader and
> > > automake.  If they return a value, the problem is almost always fatal and
> > > hard to spot based on further build or compilation logging.  Unless
> > > someone knows of specific cases where any of these exits with non-zero but
> > > the error is actually recoverable and not easily avoidable ?
> > >
> > > Thomas
> > >
> > >  > Heya,

> > Dunnit.
> >
> > Patch attached. Works here. OK to commit ?
>
> 	A lot of the time auto* non-zero returns *are* non-fatal
> errors.

Exactly, they're not fatal when they're run. But they cause fatal errors
later in the building process. My whole point.

> 	Committing this patch would be equivalent to foisting -Werror
> on the whole stack. At the very least branch a gnome-2-0 branch of

Huh, except that this fix works with all C compilers.

> gnome-common before committing so that the resulting build breakage is
> at least only on HEAD.

I don't really see the point here. It's a fairly trivial patch indeed,
and it does what it should always have done. I have tested quite a few
modules with it and it works. Anybody who does complete CVS compilations
fancy testing ?

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera