Re: fail autogen.sh when aclocal-1.4 fails
- From: Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>
- To: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Cc: Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas urgent rug ac be>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: fail autogen.sh when aclocal-1.4 fails
- Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 01:09:05 +0100 (IST)
On 23 Sep 2002, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 23:08, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > I've been meaning to propose that too.
> > While you're at it, AFAIK you can do the same for autoconf, autoheader and
> > automake. If they return a value, the problem is almost always fatal and
> > hard to spot based on further build or compilation logging. Unless
> > someone knows of specific cases where any of these exits with non-zero but
> > the error is actually recoverable and not easily avoidable ?
> > Thomas
> > > Heya,
> > >
> > > I'm getting funky errors from people who don't install the ALSA libs and
> > > want to compile ACME CVS.
> > >
> > > Here's a patch to fail autogen.sh when aclocal-1.4 fails.
> > >
> > > OK to commit ?
> Patch attached. Works here. OK to commit ?
A lot of the time auto* non-zero returns *are* non-fatal
Committing this patch would be equivalent to foisting -Werror
on the whole stack. At the very least branch a gnome-2-0 branch of
gnome-common before committing so that the resulting build breakage is
at least only on HEAD.
] [Thread Prev