Re: metacity, vte

Hey Havoc,

I personally would love to see Metacity being put into the desktop
release for 2.2 - especially since I know for sure that RedHat, Ximian
and Sun [and probably MandrakeSoft] are all behind it. Putting on a
release hat, I'm pretty sure the release team are all behind it, since
Metacity is getting the right amount of love [compared to Sawfish].

As far as vte goes, I would love to see this go in as well, but
obviously there are still quite a few performance issues to be solved.
In terms of i18n, I see it as being the future. We almost certainly need
to test the accessibility support before we schedule it for inclusion. I
know Brian Cameron has been working on the performance in Sun and
hopefully Marc Mulcahy will get a chance to test the accessibility real
soon.

We need to decide these soon so that we can start getting it scheduled
for the snapshots [I think 30th Sept] - and getting the proper amount of
exposure [although I suspect you will have gotten this from (NULL) too].

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)

P.S. For a FYI, Sun are initially going for libzvt for its first release
- although we certainly hope to swap this out in preference for vte in
the future.