Re: metacity, vte

In my experience with these two projects, there are many things missing
from them. In vte for example, the AA text makes it much harder to read
than when using zvt, due to the crappy hinting in vte, or maybe just the
colors, but it's very hard to read. (no, it's not a font issue, Andale
Mono is a damn good font, thank you). If it were possible to disable the
AA in just the terminal widget itself, perhaps via a GConf key/option
(smooth_terminal_fonts) or something, I would be more for using it.

As for metacity... well, the idea of having a window manager with no
options is just crack. There are certain options that need to be there.
Some of these seem to be taken care of via patches that are on bugzilla,
but a lot aren't. It also seems the maintainer is a bit reluctant to
add useful functionality/features/options to metacity. I'm not even
going to delve into the missing options/etc... on here, because it will
just burst into a ridiculous flamewar, because people are argumentative,
and people on mailing lists always have to get the last word along with
being argumentative. Hopefully, I'll have time soon to go through the
billion metacity bugs in bugzilla, and find the ones I care about, and
report more, if they haven't been already. However, despite metacity
not being ready for prime time use, it's being put there anyway, so it
doesn't matter what it lacks right now, because it will have to go in
at some point.