Re: metacity, vte

lör 2002-09-21 klockan 20.22 skrev Glynn Foster:
> Hey Havoc,
>
> I personally would love to see Metacity being put into the desktop
> release for 2.2 - especially since I know for sure that RedHat, Ximian
> and Sun [and probably MandrakeSoft] are all behind it. Putting on a
> release hat, I'm pretty sure the release team are all behind it, since
> Metacity is getting the right amount of love [compared to Sawfish].

I would also love to see Metacity as the default wm. It's working very
well. As said a million times, some of the preferences should be
included in the GNOME preferences dialogs (like window border theme,
click-to-focus vs. sloppy focus, ...)

As for VTE, I've been using it for several months and it works like a
charm. I really think we should switch to it now and if performance
needs to be improved we have what's left of this year to fix it before
GNOME 2.2.

And as for not cluttering Metacity with preferences and options, I
totally agree with Havoc and the rest of us that don't want to wade
through options all days long.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/