Re: Progress bar on startup

> Given that machines are getting faster, and GNOME is getting much
> quicker to start up, what do people think of getting rid of the progress
> indicator?  It doesn't really show any useful information right now.

What about the people with crap machines? (by people i mean me)

User feedback is good.  Perhaps you might change it rather than remove it,
perhaps show an hourglass cursor or something.

Just because developers have huge monitors and fast machines does not mean
other users will be upgrading anytime soon.  (i realise you cannot base
developement on the lowest common denominator either) maybe there is some
detail i am missing and i have misinterpeted this as being worse than it
actually is.

Sincerely

Alan H.