Re: User-Friendly Names

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 16:05, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Christophe,
> Thanks. This is what I was looking for. I'm glad that Gnome is getting
> away from the jargon that has hampered the acceptance of Unix and
> Linux.
> John

One thing I've always wondered is why products with odd names is seen as
a bad unix thing...

Are these product names sensible and clearly state what they are:
Outlook
Excel
Powerpoint
Access
Quatro Pro
Notes
Paradox

Admittedly Microsoft have been getting better recently, with Media
Player and Messenger.

Ross
                                           jabber: ross nerdfest org
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./