Re: User-Friendly Names
- From: "John J. Boyer" <director chpi org>
- To: Ross Burton <ross burtonini com>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: User-Friendly Names
- Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:14:04 -0500 (CDT)
Good point. Those Microsoft names aren't very enlightening. But let's
learn from our own and others' mistakes. And we do want to make Gnome
better than Windows in all respects.
On 20 Sep 2002, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 16:05, John J. Boyer wrote:
> > Christophe,
> > Thanks. This is what I was looking for. I'm glad that Gnome is getting
> > away from the jargon that has hampered the acceptance of Unix and
> > Linux.
> > John
> One thing I've always wondered is why products with odd names is seen as
> a bad unix thing...
> Are these product names sensible and clearly state what they are:
> Quatro Pro
> Admittedly Microsoft have been getting better recently, with Media
> Player and Messenger.
Computers to Help People, Inc.
825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703
] [Thread Prev