RE: GEP-2 (metathemer)

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 10:34, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Seth,
>
> On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 21:51, snickell stanford edu wrote:
> > I don't think themes SHOULD be able to make an arbitrary set of changes.

Just for the record :-)

I am not advocating an "arbitrary" set of changes, I am advocating that
theme-sets be able to make the "necessary" changes. ;-)

Since the scope of a "metathemer" that really does "Desktop Themes"
includes heterogeneous applications that have not been pre-specified to
use only a fixed set of standards, "necessary" reasonably means
extensibility to settings beyond those that we can enumerate today.

Extensibility can always be abused, but that does not mean that
extensibility should not be allowed ;-)

-Bill