Re: Recently used applications

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 20:24, Danigo Ludovic wrote:
> Le mar 29/10/2002 à 17:23, Reinout van Schouwen a écrit :
> > Hi Danigo,
> >
> > On 29 Oct 2002, Danigo Ludovic wrote:
> >
> > > Can you explain me what document I have to manipulate if I wish to have
> > > an IRC chat session ?
> >
> > Your "document" (object) in this case would be an IRC channel object
> > which, when opened, transparently connects to the right IRC server and
> > shows you an IRC view of the channel it refers to.
>
> Well, do you really, joe average user thinks like that ?
> I doubt. :)

Joe average wants to chat somewhere or with someone. Thats why he finds
instant messaging so appealing over the cryptic IRC.

Now, if he had an icon on his desktop/launcher "Talk to Steve" or "Chat
in #chatroom", what would he choose? To go launch the chat client, log
in to a server, join a channel or query someone? I dont think so.

Yanko