Re: Please avoid unnecessary markup in messages

tis 2002-10-29 klockan 11.50 skrev Sven Neumann:
> > I'm not sure about why the suggestion in the HIG may be better in this
> > case -- I think a solution where the message topic and the message text
> > are seperated entities should also allow for more consistency, since
> > there will be no doubt about how many line breaks should separate the
> > topic from the text, and so on. What advantages do you see with the
> > HIG's suggestion in this case?
>
> I see these advantages of using a single label instead of a vbox with
> two labels:
>
>  (1) it's much easier to implement

On the other hand, it's also much more difficult to translate and
maintain the translation of. Also, the implementation only needs to be
done once, while it will need to be translated up to 40 times, one for
each language.

>  (2) the distance between the labels can be specified in line heights
>      and thus adapts to the font size

Can't this be done with seperate entities too?

Christian