Re: Recently used applications

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 08:50:48PM -0500, John McCutchan wrote:
> Yes, I switched over some people from Windows XP to gnome 2 (RedHat 8)
> And a repeated comment, was where are the list of my recent applications?
> People like this feature, most people would use Word, Internet Explorer,
> Excel and Windows Media player all the time, so they would always be in
> that list. So for them it was a two click process instead of a one click
> scan list

> (That as a non power user you are unfamiliar with and don't
> care to get familiar with),

Some force to get them learn using 'complex' interfaces isn't such a bad
thing. It may seem hard at first, but it pays! (My mother recently begun
to use short cuts in her day job, and she say she is faster now). So don't
pretend that people get away better by not learing there tools:
Better a tool that forces you to learn and then may be used effective
than a tool that can be used without knowing it, but if you know it is much
less effective than the other one.