Where do I hook in a GObject's finalize method?

Hello,

I am a bit confused with the way GObjects should be finalized.  All of
the GObjects and GtkObjects I have looked at so far ignore the GTypeInfo
structure's finalize entrys by sending in NULL and instead set
object_class->finalize = some_object_finalize; in the init_class
method.

Which is the correct way to handle this? In the type info or the
class_init method?  Also when should I use the base_init and
base_finalize elements in the GTypeInfo structure?

--
J5