Re: Keyboard shortcuts for launching applications

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 14:06, Michele Campeotto wrote:
> Gaute Lindkvist wrote:
> > What should this combination be? Should this even be done? Is the list of
> > default apps good? Should there be more or less of them?
>
>    I use Control-Alt-<key> for this sort of things, and haven't had
> problems so far (but I don't use emacs ;)

I am cursed with a Windows keyboard, and am very glad that Metacity has
moved over to use Hyper as the default accelerator.

My alt key is used by GTK+, XEmacs, etc; which leaves the Windows key
free for window management. Window-drag moves windows, window-d shows
the desktop, window-t gives me a terminal, windows-w gives me a web
browser.

Ross
                                           jabber: ross nerdfest org
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./