Re: Keyboard shortcuts for launching applications

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 18:01, Gaute Lindkvist wrote:

> What should this combination be? Should this even be done? Is the list of
> default apps good? Should there be more or less of them?

The problem really is that there are very few keyboard shortcuts that
some application, now or in the future, would never want to use for
itself... particularly terminal-based apps which between them use up
just about every shortcut imaginable :)  So if you happen to have one of
those applications focused when you feel the need to open your default
browser/terminal/whatever, your shortcut would be consumed by the
application instead.

You'd almost certainly have to avoid Alt+anything, Ctrl+anything and
Shift+Ctrl+anything.  Off the top of my head, I don't think anything
GNOMEish currently uses Shift+Alt+anything, so that's a possibility, but
I could be wrong...

Cheeri,
Calum.