Re: Servers feature

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 02:06, Alex Graveley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 06:38, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 17:53, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > > I posted URLs:
> > > http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gnome-os/patches/connect-to-server/gnome-vfs.patch
> > > http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gnome-os/patches/connect-to-server/network.vfolder-info.in
> >
> > 	The best person to talk to is prolly Alex who is working on such stuff,
> > and (re)wrote the vfolder bits I guess ... Alex ?
>
> I don't think this is the right way to do a logical view of the
> network.  The correct way is to merge together the various
> network-oriented vfs methods (smb, nfs) purely using a vfolder to
> organize them.  To make it useful requires fixing the smb: method to
> work more seamlessly with nautilus, and implementing nfs server
> scanning, imo.

Huh ?

What exactly would need to be fixed in the smb: method ? And what makes
implementing a network: vfolder with a bookmarking feature and
implementing "nfs scanning" mutually exclusive ?

The smb: network neighbourhood already appears in network: with the
current patches, btw.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when
there is no longer anything to take away.
						Antoine de Saint-Exupery