Re: Servers feature

Hi,

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 06:38, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 17:53, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > I posted URLs:
> > http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gnome-os/patches/connect-to-server/gnome-vfs.patch
> > http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gnome-os/patches/connect-to-server/network.vfolder-info.in
>
> 	The best person to talk to is prolly Alex who is working on such stuff,
> and (re)wrote the vfolder bits I guess ... Alex ?

I don't think this is the right way to do a logical view of the
network.  The correct way is to merge together the various
network-oriented vfs methods (smb, nfs) purely using a vfolder to
organize them.  To make it useful requires fixing the smb: method to
work more seamlessly with nautilus, and implementing nfs server
scanning, imo.

-Alex

--
 on the canvass of life, incompetence is my paintbrush.