Re: New gnome file selector

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Raphael Bosshard wrote:

> From: Raphael Bosshard <whistler fnord ch>
> Subject: Re: New gnome file selector
>
> Hi there,
>
> every once in a while this old question comes up again, doesn't it? But
> yes, i'd also like to have a new file-selector in gnome, and it looks
> very promising.
>
>  >Overall, functionally speaking the older version example 4 seemed the
>  >most functional overall to him as an end user.
>
> Was also my impression.
>
> As for the side-bar (folders, shortcuts, recent) i'd like to see the
> same mechanism used for the evolution-shortcuts and the
> galeon-preferences instead of nautilus-tabs. Anyone knows what it is

I don't know what they're called, but I know that they need some love..
Last time I tried to run the test for that widget, it emitted a lot of
warnings, and only worked partially. Dunno if it's fixed by now thou.

As an aside, I don't like the nautilus tabs at all, they are just not
very gnomish (they don't integrate with themes, and have their own the-
mes). Maybe they should be replaced too?