New gnome file selector

Way to go I have seen many far more detailed and programmer centered
discussions of this issue posted.

However, I would post a user view.  The new view is very nice and the
need for a list view for sorting by name, type and size.  However, after
older versions example number 4 the date modified sort filter went
away.  My boss looked at the examples and instantly noted that he
typically likes the sort files in large communal directories by date.

This should certainly make its way back into the file selector options.

Otherwise the Current result seemed pleasing and very functional to him
and myself.

Overall, functionally speaking the older version example 4 seemed the
most functional overall to him as an end user.

Hope, this makes its way in time for Gnome 2.2 the file selector as it
stands is very nasty even with auto-completion and such for the end user
like my boss using Evolution and picking out attachments and such.

Thanks for the effort so far.

--
Johnathan Bailes	BAE Systems ESI

 "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
 that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn
---