Re: One Theme Module to Rule Them All: gnome-icon-theme, gnome-themes

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Hi Calum, Alex, desktop hackers,
>
> So, we now have a gnome-themes module and a gnome-icon-theme module. Even
> though the gnome-themes module is currently referred to as 'Accessibility
> Themes', could these be combined?
>
> I think it makes a lot of sense to have a single 'gnome-themes' tarball that
> includes our best and most useful themes (and I would strongly support
> having the a11y themes in the Desktop release by default).
>
> 2.1.0 will have both, but could we combine them for future releases? Perhaps
> we can put some other cool stuff into this uberthemeball too. :-)

Hmmm. I'm not really sure. gnome-icon-theme is required for nautilus and
other stuff (like the fileselector) to work, while the other onese are a
collection of themes. They could be combined, but I don't personally see
the huge advantage, and gnome-themes could potentially be pretty large.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a suave guitar-strumming cowboy on the edge. She's a mentally unstable
motormouth schoolgirl with an incredible destiny. They fight crime!