Re: that darned accessibility capplet

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 21:21, Jody Goldberg wrote:

> It will have the nice side effect of not requiring new screen shots
> for the docs, or conflicting with Calums 2 tab patch.

Talking of which, I have another couple of revisions for you to look
at...

First is just a cleaned-up version of my original 2 tab patch, which
improves (IMHO) some of the current wording and takes advantage of the
fact that we can now make the sliders wider:

http://www.gnome.org/~calum/accessx/accessx-2tab-delay.png
http://www.gnome.org/~calum/accessx/accessx-2tab-response.png

Second is a design Bill suggested this morning, with three tabs:

http://www.gnome.org/~calum/accessx/accessx-3tab-basic.png
http://www.gnome.org/~calum/accessx/accessx-3tab-keys.png
http://www.gnome.org/~calum/accessx/accessx-3tab-mouse.png

Apart from the dubiously-named tabs ("Basic" doesn't mean a lot, and a
"Mouse" tab in a keyboard dialog sounds pretty fishy-- but they were the
best I could think of at the time!), it also has a couple of extra
features that he thought might be useful:

- Ability to turn all the feature-enabling keyboard shortcuts (press
Shift 5 times etc.) on and off separately from the global "enable
keyboard accessibility" switch-- Bill assures me this is possible in XKB
:)

- A button to open the mouse preferences dialog.

I've also changed the units from "msecs" back to "ms" in accordance with
the latest draft of the GNOME Documentation styleguide:
http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/apbs02.htm

Time for another flame-war I guess :)

Cheeri,
Calum.