Re: that darned accessibility capplet

On 1 Oct 2002, Seth Nickell wrote:

> > Cursor blink is an appearance characteristic, and is currently specifiable via
> > GTK+ RC files (though I doubt that is the preferred way of setting
> > this any longer).
>
> That its implemented technically as part of the GTK RC file is, IMO, of
> little interest. EVERYTHING AFFECTS APPEARANCE, because if it doesn't
> its not user visible and who cares anyway. Its an irrelevant argument,
> the real question is where to draw the line.
>
> > Does it make any more sense to put it in 'keyboard' ?
>
> No, I think it makes sense not to put it anywhere.

Sorry Seth, but how are you going to justify this?

Cursor blinking and / or its blink rate (and really also text cursor
shape) is something that large amount of users are accustomed to
adjusting, and its not really something specific to GUIs either.

> -Seth

	Sander

	There are voices in the street,
	And the sound of running feet,