metacity busy cursor [was Re: Update: 2.2 Proposed Modules List]

> Well, we could cook up some way to have the temporary tasklist icon
> "active" and the focus would be nowhere during that time, I suppose.
>
> Havoc

yikes, this sounds like an accessibility issue to me.  Focus is supposed
to just "disappear".

If the app is mapped onscreen it should be responsible for its own busy
cursor, don't you think?  So this only concerns what happens prior to
the app posting a toplevel window.

Personally I think any application that takes that long before posting a
window has problems; a modest-sized "loading" dialog might be a better
solution that trying to pretty this up in the WM.

-Bill