Re: New Modules in GNOME 2.2: gstreamer

<quote who="Murray Cumming">

> If people are worried that gstreamer is not yet ready to be part of GNOME
> then one solution would just be to accept that you must stabilize and
> support a possibly immature API while continuing development in an
> unstable branch. APIs need to be used to mature, but APIs need to be
> stable to be used - there must be a workable compromise between the two.

... and the great thing about GStreamer's entry into the Desktop release is
that there's no hard requirements on API or ABI, beyond sanity and
communication with users of GStreamer in other desktop modules.

libxml1 was a slightly different situation, as it was in the Developer
Platform release.

- Jeff

--
     "Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system." - From Monty
                      Python to ESR, by way of Al Viro