Re: New Modules in GNOME 2.2

> > > Are there out-of-the-box configuration issues with it?
> >
> > I haven't had any problems. You have to run gst-register, and make sure your
> > output sink is correct (capplet on its way), but nothing major.
>
> Is the former something that can/should be run in a packaging
> post-install script?

Not only can it or should it be run from packaging post-install script,
but they have been run from packaging post-install scripts since pretty
much a whole year now.

> For the latter, I presume an ESD or OSS output
> sink as the default is the way to go on most Linux systems?

yep.  The gconf package installs a schema with osssink as the default
audiosink.

Thomas

Welcome to Hits City, Jeff K - Population: you
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->