Thoughts from FreeBSD on the upcoming GNOME 2.2

Hi.  I'm working on the FreeBSD port of the GNOME 2.2 desktop.  I know I
may not offer much weight in the grand scheme of GNOME, but I'd like to
offer some thoughts from our camp if I may.

So far, I have to say GNOME has been pretty good for FreeBSD.  We have
been tracking fairly closely to the official releases.  I'm putting the
final touches on 2.1.2 as we speak.  However, with the recent addition
of GStreamer to GNOME 2, I have some doubts.  GStreamer still does not
work on FreeBSD.  Our pthreads implementation does not allow
applications to longjump between thread contexts.  Since it looks like
GStreamer might play an important role in GNOME 2, I thought I'd add
some input.  If this is not the correct list, please let me know.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus FreeBSD org