Re: [Usability]Re: "Fitts law" issues
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Ben FrantzDale <bfrantzdale hmc edu>
- Cc: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, usability gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability]Re: "Fitts law" issues
- Date: 05 Nov 2002 13:11:54 -0500
Ben FrantzDale <bfrantzdale hmc edu> writes:
> On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 07:22, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > 1) Panel applets need to be able to and need to be reachable from the
> > very edge of the screen. The most important two are the window list and
> > the workspace switcher. If we have to hack this for the next release by
> > getting rid of the bevel... as ugly as that may be... I'm in favour of
> > it at this point. Its just too inconvenient and annoying to not be able
> > to throw the mouse to the edge of the screen. Obviously a more elegant
> > fix would be better :-)
Getting rid of the bevel should certainly not be necessary, just draw
it only on the "inner" edges.
> Are there open bugs on these issues?
I remember opening a bug about only drawing the bevel on inner edges a
long time ago, I don't know what its current status is.
] [Thread Prev